Don’t throw it out!
Make banana pancakes with berry sauce instead.
This is a great recipe to use up fruit like banana’s and berries when they get over ripe. It also works great with frozen berries such as those handfuls of frozen berries left in the freezer from smoothie making.
Dairy free banana pancakes
1 1/2 cup dairy free pancake mix
1 cup water
4 very ripe banana’s, peeled
- Mix above ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl with electric mixer
- Cook on greased hot griddle
- Top with berry sauce or maple syrup
Assorted berries fresh or frozen (strawberries, black berries, raspberries, blueberries)
- Cook berries on low to medium heat on the stove
- Add honey to taste
- Stir often until berries are soft
Berry sauce can be used on pancakes, waffles, crepes, ice cream or added to yogurt